Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

    So I am reading the book Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and i have realized that Harry doesn't get what he wants. His mother and father have died and hes a wizard that goes to Hogwarts . He is stuck living with the Dursleys ( a horrible family that treat Harry like a stranger ) and the dursleys hate magic and anything to do with the school he goes to.I would hate having a life like that , having to hide whats most important to me , and having n one close or nice to talk to at home. Everything is just horrible but Harry is making the best of his life. Maybe it isnt that bad.
     In chapter 1 of the book Harry has been hiding from the Dursleys in the flower bed outside and i still cant figure out why. I mean why would you want to lay in the flowers on a cold hard ground ? I wouldn't. Anyway one reason Harry might be okay with all this is because he has Sirus and his friends at Hogwarts. His friend Ron is very close with him , so are Ron's parents.I couls not imagine how Harry feels living without his parents. I mean Harry is a nice , smart young boy that needs his parents there to support and help protect him because he knows nothing about him and his life.
      I am up to chapter 2 in the book because there are long chapters so i dont really know how else to support the idea i mentioned in paragraph 1 although in the last book he asked the dursleys if he could go to Ron's house fr a few days and the dursleys told him that he should go and stay there for as long as he wants because they would love not to have him in thier life, which i thought was sad.So far i have realized the idea of loneliness, courage, friendship and family problems in the book and books of the series. I guess you may also include school , lack of knowing about himself because he cant remember why he has the lighting scar on his forehead which was important in his life ( it was about his mom ). Also the issue of fighting pops up. That is all i have to say about the book so far since im only on chapeter 2. 

3 comments:

  1. I read this book and it was awesome, for me. Hope you like the end, once you finish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your elaborations and connections to this book. :) I agree with your opinions on his life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the way you explained everything and how you made connections, gotta say this book is the BOMB!!! well all the Harry Potter Books are the best. :D

    ReplyDelete